Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lesson on faith

Morning is always the worst time of the day for me. This is especially so nowadays with the more pronounced menopause symptoms like sweaty, depression,sleeplessness, nervousness (may be aggravated by the removal of uterus). I just have to learn not to get myself drown by these unpleasant things.

Moments like these are testing time of my faith which I faced almost every day. It is very easy to praise God when things turned out exactly what we prayed. What about the other way? Someone wrote that there are different levels of faith in the Christian experience. The first is that we only have faith in God when our emotions,circumstances are favourable, which we are good at. The second is we believe God even when emotions, people, circumstances seem to tell us otherwise. This is the hard part.

This reminded me of famous Psalm 23:

“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides in the path of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”


This psalm was written by King David at a time when he was pursued by his enemies at a place where the surroundings are barren with treacherous path where travellers often got robbed and beaten up. This is not an idea place and moment for someone, who is in trouble & danger, still able to write such a beautiful and reassuring psalm. This is a faith lesson for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment