Thursday, February 3, 2011

CNY & flu

This year’s January is the wettest month I have ever experienced, especially last Sunday where it virtually raining non-stop for 24 hours. The temperature was said to have dropped to 22C on that day. It is rare to experience such pleasant temperature here; indeed wet weather is good for me as I felt hot most of the time due to menopause. On the other hand, persistence raining also reminded me of the story of Noah Ark where it was stated in the bible that the earth was flooded for 150 days.

My eldest daughter, the strongest member in the family, succumbed to bad flu last two weeks. She rarely falls ill, so I know there must be many people out there having flu before the Ministry of Health finally declared that we have a flu epidemic. Most of the time I am home bound to minimise my chance of catching flu bud. If I get a bad flu, I will not be able to take the Chinese concoction everyday as usual till I recovered fully. Sometimes going to church can end up as an embarrassing experience for me when I have to move away from people having flu.

Anyway, days leading to CNY always associated with flu season. This phenomenon probably has to do with people start eating unhealthy stuff like bak kua, cuttlefish, prawn crackers, prickled fruits etc. Being more aware of health issues nowadays, these items are now ‘prohibited’ stuff for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment