Monday, August 20, 2012

Bye Nokia, Hello Samsung

I have been using Nokia mobile phone since the day I owned one as it proves to be very user-friendly and durable. Recently my Nokia E51 which I bought in September 2008 has not been working well due to its battery, so it is time for me to get a new one. Little did I realize how the mobile phone landscape has changed so dramatically. When I stepped into SingTel Hello Shop, I noticed hardly anyone made enquiries about Nokia phones. I decided to read reviews and specifications of the two phones I am interested in: Samsung Ace 2 and Nokia lumia 610 (both cost about the same). I finally understand why Samsung has overtakes Nokia.

Despite Nokia lumia 610 offers better deals in terms of standbytime, talktime, internal memory, Samsung Ace 2 scores for its trim, sleek,and i-phone look alike, easy downloading of Android(Google mobile system) programs and games. As at this point, Nokia has betted on the less popular mobile operating system,Window-based, which not only has far fewer downloadable Apps and games, it is also not compatible with some of the popular programs like Skype. Furthermore, it does not have micro SD lot to expand memory, and it is using a micro-SIM which is currently not common. The choice for me is obvious, though I still remain very much a Nokia fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment