Sunday, October 3, 2010

Relief from 'bitterness'

“See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.” (Isaiah 48:10)

My appointment with my Chinese physician on Wednesday relieved me of the ‘sufferings’ I had to bear for the last 3 weeks of having to consume the ultra bitter Chinese herbal drinks (twice a day). She changed the formula to one that is more palatable.

I have learnt from my mistake this time. Earlier on, I ordered from the Chinese medical shop 3 weeks’ herbal supplies as for me to travel from home to Chinatown is quite a distance. When I discovered that the herbal drink was so bitter, I had no choice but to finish the supplies as they don’t come cheap. This time round, I ordered two packets to try out first before placing more orders. So far the taste is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment