Thursday, September 13, 2012

C T Scan Report

“As for you, Lord, you will not restrain your mercy from me.” (Psalm 40:11)


Yesterday afternoon, I saw my surgeon and got my C T scan and blood test reports. My blood results are OK with readings more or less the same as before (CA 125, CA19-9, and CEA). The scan shows that the left gastric node has not increased in size (reduced very marginally) and all the other lower abdominal areas are normal. However, it still warrants monitoring, so I will still need to go for another scan in six month’s time for review. Really appreciate all those who prayed for me,and thank God for His immense mercy and grace.

I had so far gone for CT scan four times. Despite that, I still have phobia each time I did the scan, especially when the nurse injected a kind of dye into my body. One can feel the distinct ‘warmth’ sensation travelling in the body. I remember one prominent oncologist ever shared in the weekly ‘Mind Your Body’ that his patient actually becomes blind from the procedure due to allergic reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment