Monday, June 11, 2012

Visit to Polyclinic

I have been running down since my maid left in early February (losing about 2 kg), and I also get hungry very often (about 3 hourly). A week ago I decided to go to government polyclinic to do my blood tests as I concluded that they ought be cheaper than elsewhere. Moreover, it was not urgent. 


I had not stepped into polyclinic for years, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not as crowded as before. The waiting time was about 30 to 45 minutes, much shorter than my expectation. Initiatives like re-channeling of geriatric care to private practitioners and abolition of subsidies for work permit holders seem to work well. The doctor ordered 4 types of blood test. My consultation costs me $10.30 while the blood tests altogether cost $13.50. The non-subsidized rates would have been $37 and $75 respectively (as shown in the receipts) which I think represent quite accurately what I would have to fork out if I see any GP. 


As for the outcome of my blood tests, the doctor confirmed that I am not diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment