Saturday, March 17, 2012

CT- Scan

Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me.’ (Psalm 66:20)

Last one or two weeks I have been experiencing ‘lump’ kind of feeling around the left-side of my waist. This is especially so when I walk fast ‘it’ vibrates. When I am at rest, I don’t get that kind of feeling.

I decided to bring forward my medical appointment which is supposed to be around end of next month. I had my cancer marker blood test done on 9th March and saw my oncologist subsequently on 14th. My blood test is OK and stable with the marker readings hovered around 11 points each. This gave me momentarily relief at least, and I am grateful to God’s graciousness towards me.

My doctor however would not want to conclude that everything is alright without seeing a CT-scan report. So she advised me to go for that so that she can discern whether there is any other health issue involved. I will be going for scan this coming Monday afternoon, 19th March. The cost has gone up a lot. When I did in May last year it was about $500+, now the estimated cost is $750+ for a private patient.
I will see my oncologist again on 28th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment