Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A year on

‘Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.’ (James 1:1-3)

It has been a year since I started this blog on 12th July 2011 (with 112 postings so far) with the help of my close friend, Mui Huang. Along the way, I received tremendous encouragements from friends and relatives either privately or through blog comments. To all of you, a big ‘thank–you’ from the bottom of my heart. You have truly inspired and motivated me to continue blogging. This blog not only makes it possible to share my medical experiences, but also my thoughts on other issues of interest. It is my sincere hope that through it, others may also be blessed in return.

I am also in debt to God for sustaining me with strength and stable health which enabled me to write. It is not easy to think of something to write regularly. I also faced difficulty in organising and expressing my thoughts in writing, making worse by my poor command of English. So I am surprised that through sheer determination, I have been able to post every week.

A number of significant things have happened in my life for the past one year. For one thing, I do not dwell so much about my health condition as before and the grip of fear has subsided to a great extent. I find myself living a more meaningful and fruitful life. My involvement in a prison ministry from home last August is a milestone in my life, so is my joining of a church cell group last month. I am now more forthcoming about my illness and in fact, recently through a friend, I am able to share my medical experiences with her friend who has just begun her chemo treatment. I am glad that I have grown into a stronger and more thankful person.

1 comment:

  1. Truly it's 'pure joy' to know that it's been one year since you started this blog and you've been faithful at it. If you have received encouragement, let me tell you that it's been mutual. In reading your blog, it's encouraging, for it is a testimony's of God's faithfulness as manifested in your life! Like they say, 'God never skies always blue, but strength all the way through'. From my observation, before you're ill, you used to be busy with work and family, things of the world. Now you're busy with Prison Ministry and cell group, things that glorify God! The focus now is God-centred. I am sure God will honour you in the way He honours Dr Tami Fisk. Reading your testimony is as good as reading the ministry of Dr Tami Fisk. Let me encourage you to continue to walk closely with Him so that you continue to depend on Him for strength. His grace is sufficent for you!

    ReplyDelete