Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Absurd or creative - moon cake new recipes?

The other day my neighbour gave me a box of moon cakes. It is made by a five-star hotel in Singapore and probably costs at least fifty dollar per box. Regrettably, none of my family seems to like the moon cakes. They still preferred the original recipe. The price also got inflated by the very fanciful packaging box.

The moon cakes have the following ingredients:
1. peanut butter jelly
2. calamansi cheese
3. chocolate brownie
4. whisky praline (??)
5. lotus paste with egg (this I know and like)

I guess most of us still like to savour the 'original' moon cake. It may not be wise for one to pay so much more for such 'exotic' moon cakes in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. same here. I still prefer my original moon cake and not those exotic moon cake too.

    ReplyDelete