Friday, August 13, 2010

My latest cancer marker test

"Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." (Job 1:21)
"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (James 4:14)


My cancer marker- CA125 (ovarian cancer) looks like has shown reversed trend since April this year. When I finished my chemo treatments in mid-May last year (2009), my reading was 10.2. It achieved the best reading on 12th April this year with a reading of 8.6. June’s marker is 10.5 and the most recent one on 10th August went up to 16.6. Within 2 months, it has gone up by 6 points, the highest jump in points so far. The doctor said it is still within acceptable range (max 34) and will monitor in 3 month’s time.

I pondered over this blood test result what God is trying to tell me. For one thing, He is the life giver and He can take away life. I must be prepared for that eventual day. Meanwhile, I remind myself to live one day at a time fruitfully to fulfil the tasks and responsibilities that God has entrusted me.

1 comment:

  1. Buddha's quote :"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly."

    Since yesterday is the past, tommorrow may never come. Let's all live our life well today!

    May you be well and happy!

    ReplyDelete