Thursday, March 21, 2013

Female Relationships

'Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!'(Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)

I think one thing great about being a woman is that we have many girlfriends to turn to in time of need. For a woman, her relationships with her girlfriends help her to deal with stress and difficult life experiences. The quality “girlfriend time" helps her to generate serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter which can combat depression and create a general feeling of well being. Talking about problems is useful as getting someone else’s view can sometimes help us to understand the issues from a new perspective.

Women build relationships through sharing of feelings and personal lives whereas men often do through activities. Women tend to invest more time and are more committed to develop friendships. That explains why they developed more lasting friendships than men. So hanging out with friends is not a waste of time and unproductive as commonly perceived. As for me, my girlfriends are the ones who walked with me throughout this difficult season of my life. God always uses people in our lives to help us steer through storms in life. For that, I am thankful to God for the girlfriends I have!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your friendship too, Mooi Lan, from one sister-in-Christ to another. Thank you for allowing me to share with you my happy and sad times, my concerns and anxieties, my thoughts and opinions. Thank you for being a wealth of information through your blog and advice. Thank you for your Godly wisdom and spiritual counsel. In turn I hope you will not forget your many girlfriends, who are always there for you. So the next time you undergo a crisis be it health or family or spiritual, please do not keep to yourself - share with us so that we can pray for you and be a moral support for you.

    ReplyDelete