Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Reflection

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
( 2 Timothy 1:7)

Year 2012 has been an eventful and challenging year for me. Early part of last year I decided to take care myself without the help of a maid as one of my children would be going away soon, and the cost of keeping a maid was just too high. Initially I was tough for me to adjust but over time my physical stamina gradually improved. In the process of these adjustments, I lost 2.5 kg but my weight has since stabilized.

With less leisure time than before, I learnt to manage my time properly and use it wisely. I was able to find time to give voluntarily tuition to a primary 3 student who comes from a broken family. The mother later allowed me to bring the boy as well as his siblings for the Sunday school program.

As for my health condition, I still need to watch out for the enlargement of my left gastric node (first diagnosed in May 2012) and will have to go for a CT-scan again end of next month. My IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) is becoming worst. I am not sure whether it has to do with the gastric node. My diet is extremely simple and restrictive now, mainly fish and leafy veggie with the exclusion of many kinds of food. I know I am not eating a balanced diet but I would rather not having to rush for toilets and feel weak thereafter if I ate food that my digestive system rejects.

In this New Year, I do not know what situations and circumstances I will face but I do hope I would use every opportunity avails to me to live a thriving life, not merely surviving. With His help, may our goals become answered prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment