Friday, April 20, 2012

Connect through facebook

“Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” (C S Lewis)

The past one week or so I have been glued to facebook. I must say I am truly grateful to this social media platform for helping me to ‘locate’ my secondary school friends whom I lost touched for more than 35 years. Within days, just through one person, I was able to ‘find’ 7 others. There are so many things to share with one another and life becomes exciting again as I walk down the memory lane. Now I understand why so many people are ‘addicted’ to facebook.

This is sort of miracle to me,and I am happy that it happens at the opportunistic time when I’m entering into this season of my life with uncertainty over my health condition. It fulfilled one of wishes in my life. Many of these friends come from poor and humble family background. Have a phone at home was a rare ‘thing’ then while moving from one place to another was common. It is just amazing how technology brings people together wherever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment