Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cancer marker

“Show me, O Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.” (Psalm 39:4)

This morning was my routine 3-monthly medical appointment with my medical oncologist. My cancer marker CA125 has gone up from 11.6 to 21.9 within 3 months. My doctor wanted me to go for a full-body CT scan (which costs me $927). The last time I had it was September 2009. I will be seeing her again next Wednesday for the medical report.

It has been exactly 2 years since I had my last chemo treatment. Our DNA seems to have records of those critical dates of event taking place. Physically, I am feeling fine; in fact, I have been putting on some weight. To me, having gone through so much in the past, I have learnt to deal with my health issue calmly as it comes along.

1 comment:

  1. Our prayer and thoughts be with you always. May these be strength to you.

    ReplyDelete