Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Chinese concoction

“A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22)

Last Wednesday was my appointment to see my Chinese physician again. I still have to see her every month. Having been taking her prescriptions every day since June 2009, I asked her when I can take a ‘break’ from this routine. I was told that because I am having stage 3 cancer and my condition is serious, I still have to take the concoction (boiled twice a day) for at least 5 years (will God give me that grace to live till then?)

I am now so used to this concoction that it doesn’t seem to taste that ‘bitter’ any more but away from home for long hours is going to pose a challenge as the whole duration of preparing takes at least 4-5 hours.

Frankly speaking, given a choice, I will rather drink this herbal concoction everyday than going for chemo treatments. I still have not fully recovered from the side-effects of the drugs till now. However, I know that at that point I had to do chemo first because it is a faster way of killing the cancer cells given my grave condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment