Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections & Resolutions

“....Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. ” (Philippians 4:8-9)

“I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.” (Jeremiah 10:23)

Today is the last day of the year 2010. As I reflected things happened within me and around me, it is by God’s grace that I am what I am now. Physically, my stamina has improved though I still experienced lethargic, unexplainable pains, sudden sense of unwell here and there.

There are a few milestones I attained this year. First is that I started a blog in July and received overwhelming encouragements from friends and relatives. The other thing is that I acquired an interest in potty gardening and Taiji, now that they become my hobbies. Most of all is that I have more peace in my heart and gained wisdom through the reading of God’s Word in the bible.

All in all, the outcomes this year have been ones that far exceeding my expectations, and I know God’s hand is in all of them. Looking ahead, my life journey is going to be hazy and even scary. This trial has refine, shape and mould me to a better person. I am grateful for learning so many valuable lessons in life within such short span of time. There will be more severe tests to come but I pray that I will be still believing God’s unchanging goodness though I may not understand why they have to be the ways they are.

My New Year resolutions are to pursue excellence in thoughts and values exalted in the above bible verses, and be thankful regardless of circumstances. I hope I can be like Job(Book of Job,Old Testament), who even in the midst of deep afflictions and troubles, is not demanding God for an answer but believing something good would work out ultimately notwithstanding what appeared to the contrary.

No comments:

Post a Comment